#1 Wodenswulf

Wodenswulf

Peasant

• English Shieldwall
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Ethnicity:Anglo-Saxon Englisc

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:37 PM

I recieved a Thuno's hammer pendant for winter solstice and i was wondering if there is any heathen out there in the home counties area that can bless my Thunor's hammer.

Wodenswulf
ic āc Englisc-Seaxisc hǣðen ;; im a Anglo-Saxon Heathen
in Gods ic gelīefan ; in Gods I trust
ic hægl norðan westdǣl Angelcynn ; i hail from the north west of england
hægl mīn hǣþen brōþors ēac sweostors!; hail my heathen brothers and sisters!
der englische Schildwall werden auferstehen und die Macht übernehmen im Namen unserer Vorfahren und unser blut! the Englishshieldwallwill riseandtake power in the nameof ourancestors and our blood!
Briten nie!! Englands für immer! british never!! English Forever!! Englander Aufwachen!! English Awake!!

#2 Rídend

Rídend

Ealdorman

• ++Secured Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,815 posts
  • Ethnicity:Englisc

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:03 PM

I recieved a Thuno's hammer pendant for winter solstice and i was wondering if there is any heathen out there in the home counties area that can bless my Thunor's hammer.

Wodenswulf

Wæs þú hál, Wódneswulf.

Why not do it yourself? With great reverence and some open flame, pass the hammer over the fire while reciting 3 or 9 times:

Þunor wéoh, Þunor wéoh,
Þunor wéoh þisne hamor.

(Thor make sacred, Thor make sacred,
Thor make sacred this hammer.)

Barring some full fledged drýcræft by an experienced wiglere, that simple rite should suffice.

#3 Wodenswulf

Wodenswulf

Peasant

• English Shieldwall
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:35 AM

thanks for that brother Ridend but Youngy has already offered to do it in a Blot,in which i think will be more effective,becausecollective energy will go into it and because im only a 'newbie' and dont really have a clue if im doing it right. And of course theres the social element to it..ineed to start to meet heathen brothers and sisters as i need to start to become an 'active' heathen.

Wodenswulf
der englische Schildwall werden auferstehen und die Macht übernehmen im Namen unserer Vorfahren und unser blut! the Englishshieldwallwill riseandtake power in the nameof ourancestors and our blood!
Briten nie!! Englands für immer! british never!! English Forever!! Englander Aufwachen!! English Awake!!

#4 Rídend

Rídend

Ealdorman

• ++Secured Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,815 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:08 AM

thanks for that brother Ridend but Youngy has already offered to do it in a Blot,in which i think will be more effective,becausecollective energy will go into it and because im only a 'newbie' and dont really have a clue if im doing it right. And of course theres the social element to it..ineed to start to meet heathen brothers and sisters as i need to start to become an 'active' heathen.

Wodenswulf

No probs. But I recommend you undertake the lybesna blétsing (amulet blessing) before or after blót/bletsian. Blót is a rite unto itself and should solely focus on mótung/gewosa (mutual discourse) with the gods as a part of being reverential to the undertaking. The atmosphere will still be charged with the folk gathered for other tasks if you keep things separate.

#5 Yngvi

Yngvi

Englalond Eoder

• English Shieldwall
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,707 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:56 AM

Great advice Ridend :console:

We can carry out the Blot and lybesna blétsing straight after.

I really like this:

Þunor wéoh, Þunor wéoh,
Þunor wéoh þisne hamor.

(Thor make sacred, Thor make sacred,
Thor make sacred this hammer.)

Thanks Ridend.
george borrow (1803-1881) - english writer
"Let no one sneer at the bruisers of England - What were the gladiators of Rome or the bull fighters of Spain, in its palmist days, compared to England's bruisers?".

Posted Image

#6 Wodenswulf

Wodenswulf

Peasant

• English Shieldwall
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:00 PM

nice one .rune1 it all sounds really powerfull to me :rune10: