Wodenswulf

Peasant

• English Shieldwall
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Ethnicity:Anglo-Saxon Englisc

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:53 AM

alreet brother and sisters

does anyone know the typical Anglo-Saxon male facial features?

i vaguely remember watching a program on the BBC about finding what parts of the UK are mainly descended from whih historical group (anglo-saxon,viking,celt or norman),using DNA and aparently (from what i remember) that people with strong Anglo-Saxon DNA had high,stong brows..broad nose..high cheekbones..and a strong,pronounced jawline..i dont know how true these discriptions are though.
now i think i have all of these..i have brown hair and blue eyes..also i have quite a bit of body hair..i mention this because via the same program i learned that the anglo-saxon male was quite rugged looking. i have a photo of me on my profile so feel free to have a look...do i look anglo-saxon??

cheers,

Woden
ic āc Englisc-Seaxisc hǣðen ;; im a Anglo-Saxon Heathen
in Gods ic gelīefan ; in Gods I trust
ic hægl norðan westdǣl Angelcynn ; i hail from the north west of england
hægl mīn hǣþen brōþors ēac sweostors!; hail my heathen brothers and sisters!
der englische Schildwall werden auferstehen und die Macht übernehmen im Namen unserer Vorfahren und unser blut! the Englishshieldwallwill riseandtake power in the nameof ourancestors and our blood!
Briten nie!! Englands für immer! british never!! English Forever!! Englander Aufwachen!! English Awake!!

#2 Hæðfelda

Hæðfelda

Thegn

• English Shieldwall
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 01:37 PM

I'm not an expert, but I'd say you definately look very Germanic.

þéodisc mín blód, wylfen mín sáwol

-"native my blood, wolven my soul" -

#3 Anglo

Anglo

Huscarl

• English Shieldwall
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,364 posts
  • Ethnicity:Anglo Saxon

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:44 PM

;) .

Woden, having looked at your picture on your profile I would say you are of Mongolian ancestry. Nothing in your facial feature's suggests to me that you look like you have anything relating to Anglo Saxon facial features at all.Of course there is nothing wrong with looking like a Mongol.Anyway you yourself must know what you look like.And the alreet intro from you suggests that you are trying to come across as a Yorkshire man, but again going off your facial features I would suggest not.No I don't think you are from our shores, either Mongolia or some kind of Asian cross, could even be a Ghurka. No offence meant to you matey, but I feel that you have lost your way somewhere.

:P :P :rune27: :rune16: :rune29:

#4 Ælle

Ælle

Huscarl

• ++Secured Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:11 PM

Hael Genghis,

No you don't. I would concur with Anglo that you do have a Mongolian appearance or peoples of similar stock.

Maybe it was a bad angle, try another photograph?

Posted Image

#5 Hæðfelda

Hæðfelda

Thegn

• English Shieldwall
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:14 AM

Didn't the original continental Saxons come from Scythia and the Steppe though?

I know some of our genes, especially in north east england, do come from that area, but not in any huge amount seeing as they're probably viking/norwegian in origin.

þéodisc mín blód, wylfen mín sáwol

-"native my blood, wolven my soul" -

#6 Ælle

Ælle

Huscarl

• ++Secured Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:38 AM

Didn't the original continental Saxons come from Scythia and the Steppe though?

I know some of our genes, especially in north east england, do come from that area, but not in any huge amount seeing as they're probably viking/norwegian in origin.

That is a theory that they were from a Scythian tribe. However, what's your point?

#7 Teutoburg Weald

Teutoburg Weald

Until Valhalla & my Kindred call!

• English Shieldwall
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,480 posts
  • Ethnicity:Englisc of Germanic Roots

Posted 11 July 2009 - 02:00 PM

Woden,

I think you picked the wrong subject to get into, being of Anglo/Nordic/Germanic Blood stock has nothing to do with what face you have, although i haven't seen your photo properly, therefore i'm making no comment on your features.

But being Englisc or of Nordic/Germanic Blood stock means your white, of Englisc Ancestry, and who's folks are White and of Ethnic Englisc Blood Stock, your Loyalty is to England and her Ethnic Native Folc, and you are will to give your life to see her and her Native Folc Free and safe!

It matters little, what coloure your eyes are, or what coloure your hair is, or wether your nose is big or small, or your tabs stick out or not, if you are excepted by the Ethnic Englisc Folc as one of their own, and your Ancestry and Kin are of Ethnic Native Englisc Ancestry then you are Englisc and nothing else!

10489833_664318090328376_188312911168407

æsctír here sum ándaga wulfséaþas brecðan scildweallas

Lo  þær drohtoþ ic lóc min fæder, Lo þær drohtoþ ic lóc min módor, ond min gesweostor ond min gebródor. Lo þær drohtoþ ic lóc séo lang of min Angelfolc. Lo hig drohtoþ gecégan æt mé ond bid mé bryidan min bæcern ámang  þæge rice wiusæl of valhalla bæcern þæt mðdhwæt magan búan widan.

E.L.A.M.O

#8 Ælle

Ælle

Huscarl

• ++Secured Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 02:12 PM

Woden,

I think the programme was 'Face of Britain' shown on Ch4.

The book to the show is also available on Amazon: My link

#9 Guthlac

Guthlac

King

• English Shieldwall
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,056 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 02:46 PM

We ethnic English are a white people and Harold says white features vary, hair an eye colour. Though subtle diferenaces can be seen ie overall welsh complexion is darker than the English. And there is theory that most native English of Norfolk and Suffolk stock have small chins! of course I live and have noted quite a few, myself inculded and have suffolk forfathers. But faciel triats are meaningless in that white is white.

Mind I can spot white foriegners easily enougth so maybe we could ask some white foreigners if they think we look different. My old german girlfriend said she thought many English had defined and sharp brow lines. It also worth noting that The English when we came to these shores were taller than the Britons though our height fell during the plague and during the industrail revolution because of disease and mulnurtition. Of course now we are on he up again.

#10 Seaxan

Seaxan

The Boss

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts
  • Ethnicity:Englisc

Posted 11 July 2009 - 06:24 PM

AELLE, I take it you have a beard? :lol:
Posted Image

It seems to me that God, with infinite wisdom and skill, is training the Anglo-Saxon race for an hour sure to come in the world's future. - Josiah Strong (1891)

Englisc Gateway Artwork | White Wyrm of England | White Wulf of England

#11 Teutoburg Weald

Teutoburg Weald

• English Shieldwall
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,480 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 06:35 PM

AELLE, I take it you have a beard? :lol:

Well i do, but its going grey, and missus said makes me look older than i am, but if it was good enough for our Forefather's, then i suppose its good enough for me! ;) :rune11:

Lo  þær drohtoþ ic lóc min fæder, Lo þær drohtoþ ic lóc min módor, ond min gesweostor ond min gebródor. Lo þær drohtoþ ic lóc séo lang of min Angelfolc. Lo hig drohtoþ gecégan æt mé ond bid mé bryidan min bæcern ámang  þæge rice wiusæl of valhalla bæcern þæt mðdhwæt magan búan widan.

E.L.A.M.O

#12 Seaxan

Seaxan

The Boss

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:32 PM

Well i do, but its going grey, and missus said makes me look older than i am, but if it was good enough for our Forefather's, then i suppose its good enough for me! :lol: ;)

I never imagined you with a beard mate. How many crumbs does it hold?
Posted Image

It seems to me that God, with infinite wisdom and skill, is training the Anglo-Saxon race for an hour sure to come in the world's future. - Josiah Strong (1891)

Englisc Gateway Artwork | White Wyrm of England | White Wulf of England

#13 Ælle

Ælle

Huscarl

• ++Secured Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:44 PM

Yes, a bearded man is a Heroic man! :D ;)

I just used it as a signature because the whole idea of having a website dedicated to beards is ridiculous but at the dame time hilarious!

#14 saxon pete

saxon pete

Wolf's Head

• English Shieldwall
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Ethnicity:Clearly ENGLISH [Anglo-Saxon]

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:12 AM

im not aloud a beard because of the job im in but one day im going to grow a big bushy wild one with two plats :D
A FIERCE WARRIOR HIGH ON BLOOD

#15 Tennrebel

Tennrebel

Thegn

• +Devoted Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:57 AM

what does a strong brow look like

#16 Ælle

Ælle

Huscarl

• ++Secured Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:29 AM

im not aloud a beard because of the job im in but one day im going to grow a big bushy wild one with two plats ;)

:D

#17 Ælle

Ælle

Huscarl

• ++Secured Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:35 AM

what does a strong brow look like

Posted Image

#18 Teutoburg Weald

Teutoburg Weald

• English Shieldwall
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,480 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:50 AM

I never imagined you with a beard mate. Hoe many crumbs does it hold?

You'll be suprised mate, it holds so much that i don't have to cook again for five days, i just pick it out of my beard, and eat it mate, no bad but it does go off a bit, and needs cleaning out, plus every now and again, especially in spring i've had birds nesting in it, i don't mind being a lover of nature as i am, and a Heathen as well puts you in close touch with Nature! :D ;)

You've got to laugh, or you'll end up crying at times wouldn't we! :rolleyes:

E.L.A.M.O

#19 Ælle

Ælle

Huscarl

• ++Secured Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:52 AM

You've got to laugh, or you'll end up crying at times wouldn't we! ;)

Well said! :D

#20 Rob A

Rob A

Xenophobic Little Englander

• English Shieldwall
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:32 PM

I've had a short beard and long hair for the last 20 years . I tried growing a long moustache too but it went straggly at the ends so I trimmed it back. I'm too scrawny to look like a proper Germanic warrior so I probably just look like a rather shabby Goth or something ( I always wear black).